Peanut oil for frying
2 lbs chicken tenders
salt and pepper to taste
½ cup orange juice
½ cup sweetened condensed milk
1 egg, beaten
1½ cups panko bread crumbs
1 cup shredded sweetened coconut
1. On a cookie sheet, season chicken with salt and pepper on both sides. Set aside.
2. In a medium bowl, mix orange juice, condensed milk, and egg until well combined. In another bowl, mix coconut and panko crumbs.
3. Heat 3 inches of peanut oil in a large pot over medium-high heat.
4. Dip and fully coat each tender in the egg mixture first and then the panko/coconut mix.
5. Fry each tender for 4 minutes on each side until golden brown. Transfer the cooked chicken to a paper towel lined plate to remove excess oil.